Saturday, January 22, 2011

Meagan Olivia Shea 1/20/2011

Meagan comes running down the hall towards me excitedly "Peeee!! Peeee!!!!"

I thought maybe, perhaps, she was aware of her urge to go to the bathroom for the very first time. She has been coming to me for the past couple of weeks as soon as her diaper is wet or poopy. It began with her grabbing her diaper, thrusting her pelvis toward me and moaning and has progressed to saying 'butt! butt!' often with the motions and moaning still included. LOL

I got up and followed her on her dancing path toward the bathroom door. "Peee! Pee!" she continued to chant. She leads me to the toilet and points into it's depths. I ask her, "Do you need to go pee??" And then my eyes focus on the toilet. There inside is a large collection of trash that she had apparently been throwing into it. She had come to get me to show me her proud accomplishment of putting treasures into the toilet.

So the question arises, why did she say 'pee' in order to get me to follow her to the bathroom? Does she think the bathroom is the "pee" room? Is the toilet called the "pee" in her mind? Or did she think that putting trash in the toilet is the equivalent of "pee." One may never know. What I do know is this. I had to reach into the toilet and pull out all of the trash. I had to disinfect my hands and Meagan's. I sat Meagan on the potty while saying, "Pee," in order to encourage her towards the right definition; nothing came of that but a squirmy Meagan rear end when it touched the cold porcelain!. I scolded a certain 5 year old boy for leaving the bathroom door open... AGAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment